Infinity Auto Services - Automotive Locksmiths in Aldershot, Hampshire
Car & Van Locksmiths in Aldershot, Hampshire
Infinity Auto Services in Aldershot is Hampshire's Best Automotive Service Centre.
Are you looking for the BEST Automotive Locksmiths for your Van or Car in Aldershot ? If so, Infinity Auto Services, the BEST Garage in Aldershot, can regain access to your car, regain access to your motorhome, or regain access to your van if you've locked yourself out or lost your car keys. At Infinity Auto Services, you're in safe hands, we pride ourselves on giving your vehicle the best care possible.
Have you lost your car keys or keyless remote fob & have no spare? Fear not, at Infinity Auto Solutions our in house automotive locksmiths can replace any type of key for almost all vehicle models.
What to do if you’ve lost your car keys & have no spare set?
At Infinity Auto Solutions our Auto Locksmiths can help you with lost keys for any type of motor vehicle from cars, vans, and trucks to motorcycles or plant machinery. So if you need a spare car key cutting, or your remote car key programming we recommend you contact us today.
On this page we will cover some common questions we get asked daily about car locks and keys.
- How much it costs to replace lost car keys?
- How long it will take?
- Can you can get a new key without having the original?
The first thing you need to do is search for a Car Locksmith Near You, this is the best & fastest way to replace your lost car keys. At Infinity Auto Solutions we are based in Aldershot and cover all the towns and villages in Hampshire, Surrey and the home counties with our fully equipped 24/7 mobile automotive locksmith service.
As experts in our field we can gain access to your vehicle using industry recognised non destructive methods and then supply you with a new set of car keys for whatever vehicle ( motorbike, car, van, truck, scooter etc.) you have.
If you’ve lost your car keys we’ll need to ask you some questions to assess the best course of action to get you back on the road, and find out how to replace your car keys quickly.
Some of the questions we are likely to ask you, or you may ask us include:
- What to prepare
- Type of car keys lost
- Cost to replace car keys
- Lost my only car key
- How long will it take
- Car key made without original?
- Will I have to change my car locks
- Are lost car keys covered by insurance?
- Car keys are stolen
- Type of Vehicle ( Car, Motorcycle, Van )
- Manufacturer & vehicle models ( Ford, BMW, Audi etc.. )
- Do I need to take my car to the locksmith?
So let’s take a look at them in a little more detail.
In order to assist our auto locksmiths the following information will help:
1. Prepare the following information for your automotive locksmith:
- Make and model of vehicle and it’s Registration number
- Vehicle identification number, sometimes referred to as the ‘VIN number’ this can be found on your V5C document and the vehicle itself.
- Your personal identification. We need documentation showing your name, photo, address to help confirm your ownership of the vehicle.
- The postcode of where you are, should you require one of our emergency automotive locksmiths to come to you.
2. What type of Car Keys have you lost?
There are two types of car keys:
Remote Keys and Non Remotes ( transponder keys ).
Remote Car Key Types
Your remote will most likely be one of the following three types:
- Remote fob with key - The remote will unlock and turn off the alarm, the key then used in the ignition to start the vehicle.
- Remote entry fob with integrated key - The remote will unlock the doors, turn off the alarm & Immobiliser, whilst the key starts the ignition.
- Remote Keyless System Fob - Keyless cars tend to have mechanical keys hidden in the fob know as a remote keyless fob, for use in emergencies to unlock the doors.
Transponder Keys: Non-Remotes
Most cars after 1995 have transponder chips that are programmed to a specific car.
Non-remote keys will have:
- No remote central locking and
- No remote control functions on the key.
If your car key is broken – then you won’t be able to turn the ignition, therefore, the vehicle will not be able to start, so you will need a replacement transponder chip. Our automotive locksmiths carry a huge range of replacement transponders, for many different vehicles.
3. How much does it cost to replace car keys?
The cost to replace the key can range from as low as £25 to well over £200, the price will depend on the following factors:
- Vehicle Model – The make, model & age of the vehicle you have, this will include what immobiliser system the vehicle has
- Key type – If it’s a remote key fob, keyless entry or made before 1995 without a chip inside.
We recommend you get a quote from our Automotive Locksmiths at Infinity Auto Solutions in Aldershot, as it's most likely we will be cheaper than going to your local vehicle main dealer, or using your car insurance, as some policies do not cover lost keys.
4. I have lost my only car key, does it matter?
No, it does not matter, if you’ve lost your only set of keys. Infinity Auto Solutions automotive locksmiths can provide you with a replacement and re-program the new car key to match your vehicle. Your old, lost key will be de-programmed to make it useless, in case it has been stolen.
5. How long will it take to get a spare set of car keys?
Generally speaking, no time at all. The time it takes to provide a new or spare replacement key depends on the following factors:
- The type of key you need: a remote fob, keyless entry or a transponder key
- The model of your car
- If the replacement key is in stock: we carry a wide range of key blanks and fobs, so in most cases, we will be able give you a replacement car key on the same day.
Infinity Auto Solutions is approved and accredited by the Auto Locksmith Association (ALA). We are Vetted, Inspected & Qualified.
6. Can I get a car key made without the original?
If you do not have the original key, it’s not a problem. We can still program a new key for your vehicle.
All that is required is your vehicle identification number (VIN) which is found in the vehicle’s logbook/V5C, and we will need to verify your identification, so you will be asked for proof of identification.
7. Will I have to change my car locks if my keys are lost?
With most modern vehicles, this is not necessary. We can reconfigure the existing locks on your vehicle to match a new key and program out the lost keys, in case they were stolen. We do this by deleting that information from the database of your car thereby stopping anyone else using them. We can do this with our specialist diagnostic equipment which is plugged directly into the ECU of your vehicle.
8. Are lost car keys or locks covered by insurance?
Not necessarily automatically, some insurers do offer key cover as part of your car insurance policy for lost and stolen keys, although most only offer this as an additional add-on or upgrade to your policy.
If you do have key cover as part of your insurance policy, we can deal with your insurer on your behalf directly, just contact us to find out more.
You will find details of how to claim on your car insurance in the terms and conditions of your policy documents.
But, check your no claims status first – we recommend checking it does not affect your no-claims discount before claiming though.
9. What do I do if my car keys are stolen?
If your vehicle keys are stolen and you contact our automotive locksmiths at Infinity Auto Solutions to get you back on the road, we will be able to do the following:
- We will stop stolen keys being used again by reprogramming your vehicle’s security system and deprogramming the stolen keys. This means that the old ones are no longer usable by whoever has stolen them.
- We can then reconfigure the locks and the ignition lock to match a new key impression.
- We will then reprogram a new key fob to give access to your vehicle’s immobiliser/alarm and the central locking system.
The MET Police website has some good advice about protecting your vehicle.
10. What type of vehicle keys can an automotive locksmith replace?
At Infinity Auto Solutions we can replace all types of keys for all vehicles – It is not just lost car keys our auto locksmiths specialise in, below are some other types of vehicles who’s keys we can easily be replaced:
- Motorcycles & Motorbikes
- Motor Scooters and Mopeds
11. Can Manufacturer keys be replaced by an automotive locksmith?
Nearly all manufacturers keys can be replaced – No matter what model of vehicle you have, our expert automotive locksmiths can replace keys and fobs from most manufacturers. Those we deal with mostly range from Ford, Peugeot, Mitsubishi, Honda, and BMW. To Volkswagen VW, MINI Cooper, Mercedes, Skoda, Fiat, Mazda, Citroen, and Hyundai, Audi, Vauxhall.
Car key and fob prices do vary depending on model. Some keys and fobs may be more expensive than others due to the immobiliser system the vehicle has, and if the key needs programming to the vehicle.
12. Do I need to take my car to Infinity Auto Solutions to see the locksmith?
No, we offer a mobile service 24/7 and will be able to travel to you and do the work on site. We carry all key blanks and key programming software in our van.
In summary, the quickest and most likely cheapest way to replace your lost car keys is to contact our auto locksmith directly who will provide you with a replacement set fast.
Book your vehicle in today for MOT Tests, Servicing, Tyres, Welding, Air Conditioning, Wheel Alignment Repairs and every other kind of Automotive Repair at Infinity Auto Services in Aldershot, today.
Infinity Auto Services in Aldershot. Your No.1 choice for Car Servicing and Van Servicing in Aldershot, Hampshire, and all the surrounding towns and villages in-between. Including, Farnham, Ash, Farnborough, Alton, Bentley, Bordon, Camberley, Frimley, Bagshot, Sandhurst, Guildford & Godalming.